Saturday, March 20, 2010

That's more like it....

It has been a really tough past few weeks...work has been intense and their have been some things close to home that combined with work have had my mind preoccupied.  So when I left the house this morning on my 2nd 20 miler of this training plan,I was not that confident to how my body, but more specifically my mind was going to react.  Was I going to be able to focus?  Or was my mind and body going to lose, like it had 3 weeks ago during my first 20 miler, when I was only able to do 14.5 miles.  

Well I am happy to report that it went very well.  I spent much of my energy focusing on my hydration and nutrition, and this paid huge dividends.  I also tried out a pair of the compression socks...Yep, those, the ones that go up right below the knee.  Vanessa of course thinks they look dorky, but I like them and whether they really work or not, my mind thinks they did.

So a little over a month remains in this training plan....I am starting to get a little nervous as I anticipate my 2nd real attempt at a sub 4 hour marathon...This will be my 3rd overall...So what is it they say?  Third time is a charm.

Hope everyone has a great week..


No comments:

Post a Comment