Friday, March 5, 2010

Crazy?? Addicted?? or Both.....

Well the calendar for 2010 is pretty much secured...Other than a few small races here and there I have officially signed up for 3 Marathons between now and October, with another one in November oe December more than likely...

Sure it may seem crazy, but I look at it more as a test.  A test of my physical endurance, and my mental endurance.  Will my body withstand this beating?  I really do not know.. Will I want to quit along the way...Hell yeah I will...The last few days, I have found myself struggling through a few miles of my daily runs...but I WILL PERSEVERE....

Today was a 7 miler...yet at times it felt like a 20 miler...but then I would find my groove and everything would feel great.  The hardest thing for me right now is slowing down..Currently I am ahead of schedule for my timing...As many of you know there is one goal in mind for May 2nd...TOO BREAK the 4 hour mark...Anything more than that will be a failure for me...barring injury of course...So I need to be careful...

Some of you may or may not be aware that my little brother Tim, yes I have mentioned him throughout the last year on this blog, has his own blog...His latest post was absolutely hilarious, and I recommend clicking on my links to the left to see it...He is under the Triathlon Tim link...Enjoy.

I am very thankful that this week is a light week for the miles....only 27 miles total including gthe long run which is only 7 this week...Then we jump up again next week....

More factual then inspirational this post.....

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out bro! Yes, I think you are crazy, but crazy GOOD! I think you'll be alright, you are definitely approaching things differently every year and that's all we can hope to do; learn! Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey man, glad I found your blog. I have some more reading to do to catch up, but our stories (up to the point of you really getting into shape anyway :-( are really similar.

    I've made some changes and make some progress, and I'm trying to get ahold of some good info to keep from jacking this whole thing up.

    And I'd rather get that info from someone who's done it, y'know?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tim...Jeffy T, what is the best way to get you information..I am more than happy to share words and resources of wisdom...

    ReplyDelete
  4. If it's not too much trouble Chris. I'm at jeff_70706 at yahoo dot com. I'd be grateful!

    Jeff

    ReplyDelete