Friday, July 24, 2009

8 Days and Counting...

8 Days ago I stated on my post that it was now time to get serious...I was kicking it into gear for both the marathon training and the nutrition side of things...

Here we are 8 days later and going strong...Granted it has been tough, but I am already seeing results and feeling great...Little Brother Tim had told me that there would be tests along the way...and ohhh was he right..The "Body for Life" lifestyle...I call it a lifestyle because it is something I want to do on a permanent basis not just for a "diet"....started last Thursday...I had sat with Tim on the internet going over my goals and immediately upon hanging up I started my plan in place...

3 meals a day + 3 supplemental meal shakes a day + marathon plan = SUCCESS...

1st Test came on Saturday night...Emma and I had spent the day in Seattle watching our first MLS game...it was awesome...We brought our lunches and my shake mix and had a wonderful time...Upon our return to Bremerton we went to our friends the Warthens house for Supper...Low and Behold the first test...Tony's Pizza...Not just any Tony's pizza, but Meat and Spice...For all that have come out and enjoyed it and those yet to do so...This stuff is the shiznit...guess what...its not in my plan...so instead i enjoyed a wheat tortilla w/ lettuce and ham...mmmmmmmm.....

2nd Test came on Sunday afternoon...we made the jaunt down to Olympia to celebrate our friend Olive's 2nd Birthday...Dip, Chips, Cake, Ice Cream, Steak Kabobs, Chicken Kabobs...the works....Not for me...I stuck to my plan...Sure I could have had the chicken or steak...but it was not at my time...

3rd Test...Went to the mall last night and watched Emma eat an entire Ice Cream Cone...Usually she has trouble with cones and ends up leting parts melt and it starts to drip..Nope, not last night...It was as if she knew that Daddy could not help her, so she finished the whole freaking thing...

4th Test...This week at work...Everywhere I turned it must have been bring a dozen donuts to work day...a fritter here, a jelly filled there, and what's that...oh just a chocolate glazed....

It is not going to be easy and I look forward to implementing a free day into my week in the next few weeks...but I have to say I feel great...

I of course could not do it with out some important people:
*My co-workers who I have enlisted to watch my eating and to make sure I do not grab a donut.
*Emma who reminded me tonight that my flabby belly is getting smaller..
*Coach Tim, who has inspired many with his Triathlons but has pushed me to strive to be smaller and better..
* and Vanessa who though may tease me with a cookie across my nose or a comment on how good the cake tasted has started to adapt our suppers to meet my plans..Thank you honey.

What's next? The next 8 days...

1 comment: