Monday, November 11, 2013

Trap Doors and the 1st REAL Kasparek Poll...

Yep, I fell into the trap...I did what all of us do...I looked at the polls, looked at the future games and more importantly, I let the BCS dictate my thinking...

This past weekend I did something all sports fans like to do....Debate sports...but more importantly debate COLLEGE FOOTBALL...I have never for a second flip flopped on what sport is my favorite...COLLEGE FOOTBALL...my favorite team...IOWA....my favorite conference.....THE BIG TEN(I know, I know there are not 10 TEAMS), let it die.

In that debate, I faced a hard truth and reality...I was letting the polls etc. dictate who I thought was the best...IT was not me, it was a combination of things....

That being said, I also came to a realization(which probably happened many, many years ago)...that all followers of any team in any conference can argue till they are red in the face why there conference is the best in the WORLD...and you know what...there is nothing wrong with that....

So without further ado...here is the 1st REAL Kasparek Football Poll...This is based on what I have seen, what I believe, who they have played thus far, who they have beat, and who they have lost to and where....

1) I do feel that losses can be worse than others..
2) I do feel that where you loose can have an impact.
3) The # of quality wins does matter...
4) If you were at full strength at the time of a win or a loss can matter.
5) Where you started in the poll does not matter...If it was up to me...Poll would not happen until just about now...
6) I do feel that how you win matters....

1) Florida State
2) Baylor
3) Alabama
4) Auburn
5) Ohio State
6) Clemson
7) Missouri
8) Oregon
8.1) Stanford(They LOST to UTAH)
10) Oklahoma State
11) South Carolina
12) Texas A&M
13) Michigan State

GO HAWKS!!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment