Saturday, March 7, 2009

Garmin 305...The Real Deal...

Well I am starting to figure out why my goal time of 1:50 for the last Half-Marathon may have been a little off...Let's just say the Garmin 305 is a little, ok, a lot more accurate than the Nike+ for mileage, pretty much right on the mark... So today when I did my 10 miler, I just kept going, and going and going, right past my old 10 mile route....Hmmmmm....Needless to say my Half-Marathon time of 2:01 is pretty accurate, but I feel that I have a great chance to break that PB at either my Half-Marathon on the 29th of March or my first international race on the 3rd of May in Vancouver, Canada....

Either way, my 10 miler today felt pretty good...One thing I have learned over the last year is to listen to my body, consume the fluids when I need to and WALK when I need to, which is hardly at all...

So the words of wisdom or observation today for those of us that struggle with our weight...and the ensuing battles....Whenever someone that is fit either tells us we look good or not so good it makes an impact...When someone that has been overweight feels that they have finally been accepted into the "Fit" World, it has an impact on their life...If they feel resistence etc. it can have the opposite affect...So as someone that has now been on both sides of the spectrum, I am try to be aware of the feelings of all body types in the gym, and would ask all that read this to do the same...

No comments:

Post a Comment