Thursday, March 5, 2009

A NEW TOY...

So I was talking to my little brother Tim this past weekend, which has become a normal occurance since we are competing against each other in weight loss. Didn't I mention in my first post the competitiveness of the Kasparek Family. Anyhow, he mentioned that I should look into a GPS watch since my training programs always go by distance, more so than time. Well in light of being awarded with the Supervisor of the Year for the Base and then for the Region, I decided to reward myself with a little approval of course from Vanessa. Low and behold I invested in a Garmin 305 GPS Training Watch...I LOVE IT....

The thing tracks exactly how far, fast and how many calories I am burning...Of course, the damn thing will also tell me to speed up....funny, it never tells me to slow down....Then when I plug it into the computer it shows me my route and breaks down my time per mile, minute etc. Gives me my elevations etc. AWESOME....

To be honest I never ever thought I would be this into running...To be honest it is the one thing I have that I know for me, keeps the weight off...and it lets me breathe and relieve the stress of the day to day items that may come up at work, home...whatever it may be.

I want to start to end my posts with things that I feel are important to those that may have struggled with weight loss, that we understand that we are not alone, and we all feel this way...or similar..I first say that I am no expert...I am simply a recovering Fat Man...or as I have said in this blog, a Manwich Man.

So here goes for this one...Isn't it funny how many times you can look into a mirror, or a window with a reflection. We look to see if the person we see is the person we want to see. Maybe its the pants we are wearing or the way the color of our shirt looks...or the way our chin looks when we put our head up or how it doubles as we put it down. So my advise...Keep looking in that mirror but instead of critiquing what we see, be happy that you can walk away from the reflection and if you are NOT happy with who you see you can do something about it. Some cannot, and wish they could...Do not waste it...(Miles of Running the past 2 days 14+ Miles)

1 comment: