Friday, March 13, 2009

Heroes....

So I decided to do this post about some of my heroes...and these are not in any sort of order...I do this because I feel that it is important for all of us to look up to someone/something. It is OK to do what others have done. It is OK to be inspired by the accomplishments of others, as long as we do not just sit back and watch, rather find inspiration in what they do and try to inspire others...I can only hope that someday I make someones heroes list...Whether it is my children's or someone else, It is a goal. So enjoy my list and think of your own...and it never hurts to thank them if you can...By writing this, I am thanking as well...Thank you...

Vanessa Kasparek: Anyoe that can put up with me on a daily basis is already a hero. However what makes her my hero is her abilities as a mother, teacher, and wife, but most of all she has always loved me for who I am...Whether I was 60+ pounds, or at my current weight, she loved me for who I am...and as all of us know, we can be the biggest asses to those we love..She even loves me during those days...and her cheering during my races spurs me on.

Pops Kasparek: He pushed and pushes me harder than anyone...Through words, actions or just knowing in my mind what he may be thinking...My hardest coach was him...As most of us athletes would say...Our parents were our hardest coaches.

Babi Kasparek: Her bluntness inspires many and her determination keeps those around her going as well.

Tim Kasparek: His jump into the world of fitness and Triathlons jump started me to where I am...

Casey Kasparek: His ability as an artist inspires and his ability to make people feel without saying a word, but rather by painting, drawing, sculpting, etc. is amazing.

Steve Prefontaine: He knew nothing but to run his hardest.

Dean Karnazes: I have read both of his books...His abilities are amazing..It makes you laugh and also say what the #$%^ in the same breath.

Ryne Sandberg: He was one of my first heroes.

Hayden Fry: He brought winning to things that had never won.

The Presidents: I may not always agree with their principles/decisions, but I cannot do anything but admire those that take on the challenge of leading our great nation.

Mrs. Mary Campbell: She taught me how to communicate in a world, where even though texting and e-mailing, and blogging are inthe forefront,communicating face to face is what gets things accomplished.

Grandpa Kasparek: He taught me to drive, but he also taught me to do what I wanted as Long as I did not do it half ass...Always do your best...

Grandpa Friedl: Never left his presense without him telling me he was proud of me, and anytime that I see a movie where the father/grandfather stands and says a prayer before a meal, I think of him.

So those are a few...There are many more,and I am sure that I will add to this list in the future. We can accomplish much with our talents, however it does not hurt to have heroes and friends....

No comments:

Post a Comment