Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day = 1 More Week till Seattle Rock n Roll

So today was an all around awesome day...Was woke up by the smiles of two fabulous kids at 6 a.m., treated to Cinnamon Rolls and a few gifts and headed to church. My wardrobe was amazing..I sported a t-shirt designed by my 4 year old daughter Emma...After church we headed out for some erands and then headed home for some chill action.

Finally at around 3 I decided to head out for my last long run before the Half-Marathon next weekend. As most of you know, I am trying to set a personal best by breaking the 2 hour mark...If my feelings today are any indication of how I will do next week, I am VERY EXCITED...

I hit the 6.6 mile mark at under 60 minutes for the first time in forever. Now the funny thing is, I tried something new...No music...Instead I listened to an Audio Book...No s#$%, a book...I thought for sure it was a risk...Who knew that I would be so engulfed in the book that I did not even notice my running...Less water intake, less concentration, but more success..and the worst of it...It is the book about the Dallas Cowboys...the tell all of the Championship years...Gotta say..Pretty good stuff.

So the question is...Do I try this approach for the race? Not sure...and the truth be told, there are going to be plenty of bands on the race route...Do I change my habits one week before the race...Any ideas...suggestions....So conflicted...If anything I am going to listen to the book on my runs this week and see how I feel...Then I can make the decision on Saturday morning...I will have a playlist and a book list ready to go int he trusty I-pod...Still...suggestions would be nice..Even if it just means that people are actually reading this...

I would like to finish by wishing all of you that are Father's or Father's to be...I know a few;)
a Happy Father's Day..We belong to an amazing fraternity...one that not all are a part of, but once you are, you understand how truly special it is to be a member...

I love you Emma and Camden...

1 comment:

  1. Hey brother, great shirt! Happy to hear your runs are getting more back to "normal". Unfortunately I don't have any suggestions for you on the ipod choice. I think you already know my opinion of wearing a headset on the course anyway!!! ha. I say go with what works. I personally wouldn't think a book would do it for me, but that's just me! :)

    ReplyDelete