Monday, June 15, 2009

That's more like it...

So after Church today, it was time for another 10 miler...The weather was a far cry from what it has been lately...60 degrees, a little bit of wind....and on top of that, I decided to take on a new route...The route took me through almost 3 miles of base before heading out the main gate. From the gate is was a pretty decent downhill followed by a slight uphill, both of which felt really good...Actually the first 5 of todays run felt really good..

The next 1.5 was a little rougher...the biggest hill I have done in awhile...I was supposed to do this hill last year during the marathon training, but had been injured during that week of training...It was pretty brutal, however I maintained a good pace...and it will definitely come in handy in Seattle.

The next 1.5 was a steady downhill...Which felt great...sometimes I struggle going down the hills, this one felt alright...My last 2 miles were part of my regular route...so these came pretty easy...

So after 10 miles, I felt good and was happy with my time...1:32....I am going to be cutting it close in Seattle for the 2 hour mark.. but I will be very much aware of my time...

Going into the finaly two weeks of training, I am very thankful that I chose to switch to the half....it could have been ugly...

I am really feeling like I am peeking at the right time with my training...and that is a really good feeling in more way than one.

No comments:

Post a Comment