Sunday, April 26, 2009

Cautiously Optimistic....

So what a difference a week makes...Last week at this time I was sitting in the ER getting my knee drained like a zit...Today I am sitting here typing away, and the knee is feeling great...The incision hole is still healing, and I have some serious dry skin on the knee, but I do not dare put any lotion on it with the fear of introducing infection.

So where does that leave my training...Last week I was talking about changing my registration for the 28th of June to a Half-Marathon...That thinking is now waivering...and I was thinking of not running this weekends half-marathon in Vancouver, Canada. Hmmm...read on..

Here is the update and where my mind is right now.

1) 4:30 p.m tomm. I have a follow-up for my knee...going to see what the doc has to say. If he says all systems are a go, I will try and run a mile our two after my appointment.

1a) If he says systems are not a go, I will go into a major depression, eat a box of dougnuts and sit in front of the TV and watch the Season Finale of LOST...OK, I am lying, I would just wait a few more days, but I will watch the Season Finale of LOST...

2) If systems are a go, I will then proceed to add a few miles a day through Friday, making sure that I am resting, icing, heating, and continuing to take my antibiotics.

3) Friday..whether I run the half-marathon or not this weekend, we will load the Saturn for Vancouver. Vanessa, Emma, Camden and I will get to Vancouver sometime Friday night, check into the hotel and get ready for some touring on Saturday.

4) Saturday we will tour Vancouver as well as take in the Race Expo. At this time I will be monitoring the knee and praying for some luck. Will also be monitoring my meals...Do not need a repeat office trip before this race.

5) Sunday with all things going my way, I will run the half-marathon, with my only goal for this one, being to finish..If that means walking, so be it.

6) Finish the Half.

7) After finishing the race, evaluate where I am at physically...

8) Monday will again look at how I am feeling and see if two months will be enough for my marathon on the 27th of June. I had got up to my 16 miler in training...so I think I should be ok..Again it all depends on the knee.

9) I remind everyone that reads this...My knee injury was not caused by running...

10) Wish me luck and say some prayers...

1 comment:

  1. I love Vancouver! It is one of my favorite vacations as a child! Have a great time and hope all goes well at the MD!

    ReplyDelete