Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Holy @#$$%^& that hurt...

So at 1:00 p.m. today I went into the Ortho to get my knee looked at..Was feeling pretty positive...It was feeling better, but could not see it, since it had been under wrap since Sunday morning. So Doc took off the wrap and took out the Wick...The Wick being the piece of something that keeps the hole from closing, allowing my knee to drain...Ewwwww, I know...

So he looks at it, and says.."Yep still pretty red, we will try and get more out of it...This is what happened to Peyton Manning" This may be the only time in my life, that I am compared to a Professional Athlete...but, to the getting more out of it I think..Really...Cool...no problemo...I mean at this point I am saying to myself, this was no big deal yesterday after the guy put the pain killer into the knee before draining it...

So what happened next..Lets just say that this Doc must not have been briefed on the Pain Killer part...Tears were shed and I mastered the nurses instructions of breathing in through the nose and out my mouth...If I am not mistaken there is proably some of my saliva on the ceiling...3 times he stuck the 6 inch Q-Tip Tip into the hole and scraped it out....pushing in/out/down and around...Are you squeemish....take that times 10 and you have what I was feeling...

So after the last time of dipping he put in a new wick and wrapped it up. Wednesday I have a follow-up and at that time we may know something...If the infection is getting better, surgery may not be necessary...and if it is not going away...you get the idea...So keep sending those well wishes...I truly appreciate them...

3 comments:

  1. Dang! I could barely read about that... squeamish? Um, I think so! I was squirming in my seat reading that. OUCH! Hope you get good news on Wednesday!

    (this is Tracie, by the way)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Peyton Manning, eh... that's good company! GO COLTS!!!

    That whole discription kinda sucks, Chris... keeping positive thoughts flowing for a swift recovery for ya :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hoping for really good news on Wednesday...Who am I kidding, I am looking forward to just taking a shower...having a bandage on kind of limits this...Talk about Squeamish...

    ReplyDelete